Thursday, November 5, 2015

Around here lately: September and October 2015 edition

Sorry for the dead air around here lately. My excuse this time is that I feel horrible.

The good news: Baby Boswell #2 is coming in April! Hooray!

The bad news: Pregnancy and I are, yet again, at odds with one another. I'm so very thankful for this baby and am well aware of the fact that I'm incredibly blessed to be 16 weeks completed with no serious complications. However...I feel really wretched basically 24/7. It's very demoralizing. This time around, in addition to the nonstop nausea, I'm experiencing an unbelievable number of migraines, thanks to the continually-changing barometric conditions around here. It can feel like a spiral of doom. Is that too dramatic? Claire gets to watch an unholy amount of Curious George because all I can manage to do in the mornings is curl up on the couch, use the Roku remote, and beg the Lord for relief. Praise Jesus that I have the world's best mom and mother-in-law who have each come for multiple visits to help with Claire, make food, and clean things. They probably get the credit for Claire's brain not turning to mush from too much tv consumption.

Speaking of Claire...I have some updates. Hold onto your hats- this girl is a sassafrass. 

Things heard around here lately:

While watching a video about the story of Naaman: Friend go down in da wawa. Jesus made him clean and fluffy.

After being traumatized by watching me gag and wretch over the toilet: Mommy, you be calm. You be ok.

While carrying a sack of Chick-Fil-A to me: Mommy, I bring you CHICKEN!

While laying on the couch: 
Me: Claire, do you need anything?
Claire: Nope. I not need anything. Thank you, though.

While sitting on the couch next to my feet: Oh, hey toe.

I want to play with the Treasure! (Claire's special word for tape measure)

While repeatedly shutting the door on Brad in the coat closet: It's SO FUN, Mommy!

After spilling a cup of water on the rug: Mommy, have you see a paper towel? I spilled my wawa.

I put them in the tunnels. (referring to putting her arms into the sleeves of her shirt)

While not wanting to hold hands in the parking lot: I want to hold my own hand.

While pretending her baby is sick: My baby doesn't feel like nice.

After confiscating my water bottle and Coke bottle from their place beside the couch, very authoritatively: Mommy. No Coke. No wawa.

Me: Mommy doesn't really feel good.
Claire: I'm going to kiss you!

When wanting to kiss your forehead: Can I kiss your eyebrow?

After scribbling on her MagnaDoodle and holding it up to me: STAY ON THE TRAIN AND GO TO THE ZOO! (It took me a while to figure out that she was acting out a scene from an episode of Curious George.)

While drawing on her MagnaDoodle with intense focus:
Me: What are you doing, Claire?
Claire: I'm studying German.
Note: Brad is studying German for his program. He listens to German podcasts in the car, and apparently, Claire really enjoys it and fancies herself a German scholar.

After any parent returns from a successful trip to the bathroom: Yay! You did it, Mommy!

We're working on learning the states. She's pretty articulate with most. However, North Carolina sounds like "cofa gnana" and, even better, South Carolina is "souff cofa gnana." If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen the video. My favorite.

While staying with my in-laws for a week (while Brad worked 80 hours and I nearly had an emotional breakdown from a 3-day migraine):
In-laws: Claire, would you like to try spinach salad?
Claire: No, thank you. I don't like leaves.

After playing with her teddy bear: Mommy, I love this bear.

While wearing her Halloween costume, which included sequined shorts:
Amiee (my sister): Claire, those are adorable!
Claire: No, they're just pants.

At bedtime:
Me: Time to pray, Claire.
Claire: You do it. I do it all day.

To Amiee who was sitting on Claire's bed during prayer time: Will you move so I can go to bed?

Can I have some cracker jackets? (Cracker Jacks)

I don't like bean soup. Probably should eat chocolate.

Starts most sentences with a 3-syllable Weeelllll...

I have very little idea to what I was referring, but I ended with:
Me: I just need to let it go.
Claire: Like Elsa.

My mom: You're my sweet girl, aren't you?
Claire: No, I'm not. I'm Claire Elizabeth Boswell.

And finally, tonight as I was correcting her for her attitude:
Me: You are getting too big for your britches.
Claire: But I want to wear them.

Just a few snippets. Although I haven't been blogging for you, I've been thinking about you and keeping a list of the funnies. I'll try to be back in a few days with some pictures and updates about this pregnancy.

1 comment:

M & M said...

congratulations! Hope you start feeling better soon or you'll have no break before the craziness starts all over again. ;)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...